Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Baltimore
When you are in a motorcycle accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you should speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD recommends. Unfortunately, motorcycles are inherently dangerous because of the way they are built. Unlike other vehicles on the road, motorcycles do not have a natural way of protecting you such as a roof or walls. Thus, when you get into an accident with a bigger vehicle like a car or a truck, you are at a much higher chance than they are for sustaining serious injuries. A Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyer from Greenberg Law Offices wants you to know that you have an attorney on your side who you can trust. Please contact our office if you have been in an accident.
What are the most common causes of motorcycle accidents?
There are certain situations that are much more likely to happen when you are riding a motorcycle. A motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, Maryland residents trust discusses these scenarios below.
- Speeding. Speeding can apply to either the motorcycle rider or other vehicle drivers on the road. Speeding happens to be one of the top causes of any kind of accident on the road, and when it comes to motorcyclists, it can be even easier to speed since you can zip in and out of lanes easier.
- Head-On Collisions. Head-on collisions are common and also the most dangerous thing that can happen to a motorcyclist. Even if the rider is wearing the proper safety gear–a helmet, leather jacket, pants, boots, and gloves, a head-on collision could cause permanent damage or more likely death.
- Car Doors. They may seem innocent enough, but car doors cause many accidents for motorcyclists and bicyclists. When someone opens their car door right in front of a motorcyclist, even a motorcyclist who isn’t speeding could total their bike or go flying from their motorcycle causing broken bones or brain damage.
- Dangerous Conditions. Rain, ice, snow, damaged roads: these are all things that a motorcyclist should look out for when they are driving. Any one of these could cause the motorcycle to swerve or slide and injure the driver.
- Suddenly Stopping. When the person in front of you suddenly stops or a light turns red and you stop your motorcycle abruptly, you may be happy that you aren’t getting a ticket for going through a red light. However, the person behind you may not be paying attention to you, the road, or the traffic signals, making this one of the most common reasons a motorcycle collision may occur. Drivers on the road are supposed to leave a four-second distance between themselves and a motorcycle.
Get Help from a Baltimore, MD Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Now!
When you were injured in a motorcycle accident and need help getting compensation, call a motorcycle accident lawyer in Baltimore from Greenberg Law Offices.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists don’t have the protection of a car, so they are especially at risk of severe injuries during accidents. Here are some of the most common injuries motorcyclists can endure:
- Road Rash: During an accident, motorcyclists often slide across the pavement after getting thrown off their motorcycles. The concrete can scrape away layers of the skin and cause severe pain. If the injury isn’t treated promptly, it can cause an infection. If the road rash is severe, skin grafts may be necessary to repair the skin. Motorcyclists can reduce the risk of road rash by wearing protective leather clothing.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries are the most serious injuries motorcyclists can endure during accidents. These injuries can occur if their head hits the pavement. Traumatic brain injuries can have lasting effects on a person’s life and prevent them from working in the future. They may have trouble walking, speaking and even eating. These injuries often require long-term rehabilitation, which results in very expensive medical bills. Motorcyclists can reduce their risk of brain injuries by always wearing a helmet.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A motorcycle accident lawyer in Baltimore, MD often represents motorcycle accident victims who have suffered spinal cord injuries. If the head hits the pavement during an accident, motorcyclists can injure their spine, which can result in temporary or permanent paralysis. Those who suffer spinal cord injuries may need assistance to complete everyday tasks and never be able to work again.
- Burns: If an accident causes a fire or explosion, motorcyclists are in danger of suffering burns. While some burns can be fairly minor, others can cause disfigurement. They can require multiple surgeries and long-term rehabilitation.
- Internal Injuries: As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Baltimore, MD can attest, motorcyclists are also in danger of suffering damage to the spleen and other internal injuries. These injuries can result in internal bleeding and infection, which can be fatal.
What a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Do
If you were injured in a motorcycle crash, it is in your best interest to consult a motorcycle accident lawyer in Baltimore, MD. Motorcycle accident lawsuits are complex and you don’t want to lose out on your opportunity for compensation. A motorcycle can help you by sending investigators to the scene of the accident, gathering evidence, speaking with insurance companies and handling all the paperwork.
While your lawyer handles all the legwork, you can take this time to recover from your injury and take it easy. If you have a confident lawyer on your side, you will feel less stressed about the entire situation. Additionally, the majority of motorcycle accident lawyers work on a contingency basis, so you won’t owe any money upfront.