Police Brutality Lawsuits
When you need a police brutality lawyer Towson MD citizens trust, contact the Greenberg Law Offices. Our attorneys have experience with police misconduct cases and can speak to you about your case. We offer a free initial consultation so you have nothing to lose.
A police brutality lawyer in Towson MD from our law firm may review your case and determine if you have grounds for a lawsuit. If a police officer injured you, you have a right to speak to a lawyer about possible litigation.
When Excessive Use of Force Occurs
We have a reasonable expectation that members of law enforcement agencies will protect us. However, on rare occasions, certain police officers may use too much force or act inappropriately in other ways. A police brutality lawyer Towson MD law enforcement agencies respect may help to right a wrong. If you or someone in your family was injured or killed by a police officer, call the Greenberg Law Offices without delay. Our attorneys would like to hear from you if any of the following occurred:
- A police officer falsely arrested you.
- A police officer used excessive force on you.
- A police officer brutalized you in any way.
- A police officer unjustifiably shot you.
- A police officer acted negligently toward you in any way.
Litigation Against the Police
Victims of police brutality may file a lawsuit against a law enforcement agency. A Towson MD police brutality lawyer, such as one from the Greenberg Law Offices, may provide counsel and representation throughout the case. If the lawsuit is successful, the victim may be eligible to receive compensation for any of the following if applicable:
- Medical costs for injuries sustained from police brutality
- Psychological counseling
- Post-injury physical rehabilitation
- Reimbursement for lost wages
Common Scenarios of Police Brutality
Unfortunately, police brutality can occur under many scenarios, but here are some of the most common:
- Excessive use of force. If a citizen is injured or killed because a police officer used more than a reasonable amount of force, they (or a surviving family member) may be entitled to compensation.
- Lethal use of a taser. Taser stun guns can kill people. Amnesty International reports that since 2001, at least 500 persons in America died from taser shocks sent by police officers or jail personnel.
- Law enforcement shooting. When a police officer shoots and kills an innocent person or for an unjustified reason, a police brutality lawyer Towson MD citizens recommend can file a lawsuit.
- Wrongful imprisonment or false arrest. Police officers must be able to legally justify arresting or detaining someone. When a person is unjustifiably jailed, under certain circumstances a police brutality lawyer Towson MD victims turn to for legal help can fight for their rights.
Greenberg Law Offices: Trusted Police Brutality Lawyers
Our attorneys at the Greenberg Law Offices understand the seriousness of police brutality against citizens. Not only can these attacks cause physical harm, they can cause psychological harm against victims as well. In addition, incidents of police brutality damage the public’s trust in agencies that are designed and funded to protect citizens. If you would like to speak with a police brutality lawyer Towson MD offers, call us today.