Car Accident Lawyer Baltimore MD
When you have suffered from an injury after a car accident in Maryland, get help from a Baltimore, MD car accident lawyer from Greenberg Law Offices. Nearly 1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day, and an additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled, according to the Association for Safe International Road Travel. Accident victims become seriously injured due to the actions of reckless drivers. No person should have to suffer the devastating consequences caused by another individual. If you’ve been injured from a vehicular accident, you should call a skilled and trusted car accident lawyer Baltimore, MD residents have relied on for over 50 years. At the Greenberg Law Offices, we have a team of dedicated, trusted, and skillful lawyers ready to talk to you about your possible collision claim. They can walk you through the steps you need to take so you can file a successful claim that results in your deserved compensation. Through a free consultation, a lawyer will be able to provide advice on what you should do next.
The Legality Surrounding Auto Crashes
In general, auto crashes leave behind an assortment of physical evidence. Gathering and reviewing all the physical evidence can take a long time to complete. Going through the process accurately is crucial so that you can use the strongest pieces of evidence for your argument. A car accident lawyer in Baltimore, MD will examine any or all, potential evidence to gain a better understanding of the incident which took place. They know how to interpret the evidence and determine what information they can convey. If your lawyer determines the accident was the result of another party’s negligence or lack of reasonable care, a claim may be pursued. Because the law surrounding auto crashes is complex, your case should be handled by a top car accident lawyer that Baltimore, MD has to offer.
Examining the Types of Negligence
A respected Baltimore, MD car accident lawyer aims to work diligently to examine available proof including police reports, surveillance footage, medical records, or the vehicle itself. They have the knowledge to thoroughly go through each piece of evidence carefully and how they can be used in your case. Using the available evidence, a case of negligence will be compiled and presented to the courts. Negligence is defined as the failure to provide an adequate standard of care to a person which a person facing the same or similar set of circumstances would provide. In car accident cases, proving negligence clearly is essential to achieving a successful claim. A lawyer has to directly link the defendant’s actions to the accident that caused your injuries. Negligence is often a broadly used term, but in the instance of vehicular accidents, some factors which may indicate this carelessness could include:
- Failing to ignore traffic signals or signs
- Failing to yield their right of way to pedestrians
- Failing to signal when changing lanes or turning
- Driving over the speed limit (or under)
- Disregarding road hazards or poor weather conditions
- Driving while intoxicated by drugs or alcohol
- Driving with a suspended license
- Talking on a cell phone, watching TV, applying makeup, etc.
In addition to negligence, a skilled and trusted car accident lawyer Baltimore, Maryland drivers trust may determine if reckless driving was also a factor. Negligence and reckless driving are often used interchangeably, but they are two distinct concepts under the law. Although both negligence and reckless driving are similar, they may be separately included in the claim. Reckless driving is when a driver operates their vehicle in a willful or careless disregard for the safety of people or property around them. Often it’s reckless driving that leads to negligence and then the accident. Some types of reckless, or aggressive, driving may include:
- Speeding well above the known speed limit.
- Excessive changing of lanes or abruptly stopping for no apparent reason.
- Improper passing of vehicles.
- Inappropriate behavior inside or outside of the car while driving.
Car Accidents That Do Not Involve Other People
In certain cases, a car accident is not caused by another person, but rather a malfunction or defect on either the vehicle or road. There may have been a faulty part or design issue in the vehicle that caused the accident to occur. A skilled car accident lawyer Baltimore, MD offers should be able to rule out whether or not this may be a factor of the incident and injuries sustained. They will conduct an investigation to see if the vehicle manufacturer, local government, or other party should be held liable. In these cases, there may be more than one party involved. Some potential reasons for an accident that does not directly involve another person(s) may include:
- Vehicle/manufacturer defect.
- Malfunctioning traffic signals.
- Utility poles and power lines.
- Potholes or cracks in the road.
Such cases can be incredibly complex. A lawyer may have to reach out to multiple parties to obtain data and reports such as construction records, third parties involved in vehicle production and shipping, and other pertinent information. Due to the nature of these claims, a skilled and trusted car accident lawyer in Baltimore, MD should be sought for further guidance.
If you were recently involved in a car accident, you may be able to recover monetary damages and should have a Maryland car accident lawyer review your case to ensure you get maximum compensation. It is worth looking into your legal options, especially if you have suffered severe injuries and are struggling to pay for your expenses. A skilled car accident lawyer will investigate your claim and look for all possible sources of compensation so that your costs can be adequately covered.
A car accident can happen anywhere, at any time, and to anyone. Even the safest, most alert drivers can be involved in a collision. You may be practicing the safest driving habits, but other people may not. According to Forbes magazine, every driver should expect to be involved in 3-4 accidents over the course of their life. In reality, with millions of drivers on U.S. roads, you cannot expect everyone to drive in a safe manner. In fact, between 50 and 60 percent of car accidents involve some sort of negligence. If a negligent driver causes an accident that injures you, you may be able to control what you do from here on out. At this point you can, and should, reach out to a car accident lawyer Baltimore, MD residents rely on as soon as possible. Your rights and options may include filing a claim or lawsuit against the other party, or if they did not have insurance, you may be able to file a claim with your own insurance company.
Clients often ask about what types of economic and non-economic damages they may be able to sue for. Determining the exact list of damages can be difficult to accomplish on your own without a lawyer’s help. Guided by decades of experience in handling personal injury claims, and a record that includes millions of dollars being recovered from clients, a car accident lawyer at Greenberg Law Offices will understand how to explore all viable sources of damages that may be available to you. They will review each of the damages carefully so that nothing is missed so you can be compensated properly. These damages could include:
- Past and future medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Lost diminishment in future earnings
- Loss of consortium
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial costs
- Punitive damages
If you would like to discuss your case with a car accident lawyer, please give us a call. We can provide you with a complimentary consultation at our office, in your home, or at the hospital. We are also to talk with you over the phone or via a video chat platform – whichever may be most convenient. We are happy to accommodate your needs so that you can benefit from our quality legal services.
Why Retain a Car Accident Lawyer?
Although you may be able to handle a claim on your own, working with a car accident lawyer will typically be in your best interest. This is more true when your case involves serious or fatal injuries, a large company, the U.S. government, or other complicating factors. The average person’s legal knowledge simply will not compare to the years of knowledge and experience that a seasoned lawyer has. You are more likely to obtain the highest compensation amount possible if you choose to work with a car accident lawyer who has helped many clients file their car accident claims.
When you retain the car accident lawyers from our firm, you can feel confident in knowing a broad range of services will be available, including:
- A comprehensive, independent evaluation and investigation of the accident.
- A complete assessment of your physical, mental, and financial injuries and losses.
- A thorough understanding of the full extent of all the damages and prospective-future damages.
- A frank, honest discussion about your legal options and the procedures.
- Open communication about the case.
- All necessary filing of important paperwork, and by the deadlines.
- Preparing your case for a settlement, but ready for a trial.
- Taking your car accident to trial in the event of an unsuccessful negotiation.
In addition to these important legal services, our firm may be able to help you if you have any problems with the medical billing department, finding a doctor, repairing your vehicle, or other unexpected needs.
Common Car Accident Injuries
A car accident lawyer Baltimore, MD respects from the Greenberg Law Offices has represented thousands of car accident victims with different injuries, including death. Some of these injuries are fairly minor, while others require surgery and other extensive treatments.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries, are some of the most serious injuries that can result from car accidents. If your head injury is severe enough, it can affect your memory and concentration, and it could even change your personality. Surgery may be necessary for certain types of head injuries. If you hit your head during a car accident, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Chest Injuries: A Baltimore car accident lawyer at the Greenberg Law Offices has also helped car accident victims with chest injuries obtain compensation. These injuries can occur if a driver’s chest collides with the steering wheel during an accident. Some chest injuries involve minor bruising while others result in broken ribs and other serious injuries.
- Scrapes and Cuts: When there is a car crash, it is common for objects inside the vehicle’s interior to move around. If a cell phone, coffee cup, or other object hits your body at a high force, you could suffer injuries. If these injuries are minor, medical treatment might not be necessary. However, if these injuries are more severe, you may need to go to the hospital for treatment.
- Whiplash: If your neck moves suddenly due to forces of the crash during a car accident, you may suffer whiplash. This can lead to pain and stiffness in your neck, headaches, and other unpleasant symptoms. These symptoms might not become present for a couple of days, but you may still want to see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure you do not have any serious injuries.
- Arm and Leg Injuries: When cars crash into each other during a car accident, a person’s arms and legs can get thrown against the doors, dashboard, or other parts of the car, resulting in bruises and cuts. In severe cases, a bone can break in several spots and require surgery.
Some injuries don’t show symptoms until days or even weeks after a car accident. However, it is still important to see a doctor right away. If you don’t get medical attention as soon as possible, injuries can get worse and, if left undiagnosed, can lead to worsening of your condition or death. It may be more difficult for a car accident lawyer Baltimore, MD respects to get you the compensation you deserve if you fail to get the treatment you need.
Car Accidents Involving Multiple Vehicles
While any car accident claim can be complicated, accidents that involve multi-vehicles often become complex. There is often more than one at-fault party that is recognized by the law, as well as the cause of each individual crash. Trying to figure out which driver is liable for a victim’s damages can be difficult if a person is not familiar with Maryland personal injury laws. This is where having a car accident lawyer in Baltimore MD who is experienced in these cases can be quite beneficial to recovering compensation.
Who Is at Fault?
One of the most important issues to determine in a multi-vehicle accident is who the liable party or parties are. These types of accidents often have more than one at-fault driver, especially in accidents where there is a pile-up of several vehicles. One common example a Baltimore MD car accident lawyer commonly sees is where the vehicles in multi-vehicle accidents are similar to falling dominos – a vehicle hits their brakes because of something in front of them and is rear-ended by the vehicle behind them. That sudden stop also causes the vehicle behind the second car to crash into it, and so on. The driver in the second vehicle may be at fault for hitting the first one, but the driver in the third vehicle could be held liable for the damages suffered by the driver in the second vehicle.
In most car accident cases, any financial compensation the victim receives comes from the at-fault driver’s automobile insurance policy. However, these policies have limits on how much the company will pay out in damages. For example, in Maryland, the minimum amount of insurance coverage a driver is allowed to have on their vehicle is $30,000 for bodily injury, $60,000 for two or more people, and $15,000 in property damage.
But what happens if one driver is at fault for the injuries that a few of the victims in a multi-vehicle crash suffer? If the driver has only the minimum coverage, but the victims’ losses exceed those limits, what options do victims have?
A Baltimore MD car accident lawyer may be able to help a victim file a claim for additional compensation under their own underinsured motorist coverage. Maryland law also requires that drivers purchase uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury liability insurance that will cover a minimum of $30,000 in damages per person injured, with a cap of $60,000 per accident. Drivers also have the option of purchasing greater coverage than the state minimum requirement.
What to Bring With You to Your Consultation With a Car Accident Lawyer Baltimore, MD Can Provide
Before you head off to meet a car accident lawyer Baltimore, MD relies on for the first time, be sure to take any documents relating to the accident with you, including a police report, medical bills, names of witnesses, and vehicle repair bills. These documents can help a car accident lawyer Baltimore, MD counts on to prove that the accident did indeed take place and that you suffered injuries because of it.
What to Do After a Car Accident
- Take a deep breath and stay calm.
- Check for injuries; call an ambulance when in doubt.
- If the accident is minor, move cars to a safe place, out of traffic.
- Turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights and use cones, warning triangles, or flares for safety.
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor.
- Be polite, but don’t tell anyone the accident was your fault, even if you think it was.
- Make immediate notes about the accident, including specific damages to all vehicles involved, witness information, etc.
- If the name on an auto registration is different than the driver, jot down the relationship.
- State only the facts, and limit your discussion of the accident to the police and your attorney.
- If possible, don’t leave the accident scene before the police and other drivers do.
- Do not sign any document.
- Do not give any recorded statements before speaking with an attorney.
Talking with Greenberg Law Offices During a Free Consultation
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may be experiencing feelings of confusion, anger, and despair. These are a normal part of the coping process and understandable to have, especially if you’re also dealing with surmounting medical costs and long-term health issues. Legal support is available through a free consultation with the skilled and trusted lawyers at the Greenberg Law Offices. If you’d like to further discuss your possible claim with a car accident lawyer Baltimore, MD residents trust, please call us today.
“Amazing people that made my whole process stress free. Very reliable and educated! They went out of their way to make everything easier for me. Would highly recommend this firm!!!”