Thousands of people are injured in truck accidents every year. If you’re one of the many victims of a truck collision, it is important for you to obtain accurate information to protect your legal rights. There are many myths about truck accidents floating around that you shouldn’t believe. Here are some of them:
- Truck Drivers Suffer Serious Injuries During Accidents: It is a common misconception that truck drivers are at risk of suffering as serious injuries as drivers of passenger vehicles. However, truck drivers sit in much larger vehicles that offer more protection than passenger vehicles. Victims of passenger vehicles are more likely to suffer severe injuries, like traumatic brain injuries, burns, internal organ damage and paralysis.
- Breaks Are Strictly Enforced for Truck Drivers: Another common myth a truck accident lawyer in Baltimore, MD hears is that truck drivers always take the required breaks. While the truck industry prohibits truck drivers from being on the road too many consecutive hours without breaks, not all drivers adhere to the rules. Unfortunately, when they drive too many hours without rest, truck drivers can become fatigued and cause accidents.
- Trucking Companies Aren’t Liable for Accidents: While trucking companies may want people to believe this, it isn’t true. In fact, trucking companies are frequently listed as defendants in truck accident lawsuits. For example, if a trucking company failed to provide adequate training to a new driver and that driver caused an accident, the company will be held responsible. If trucking companies fail to properly maintain their vehicles and an accident occurs because of it, they may also be held responsible.
- The Insurance Company Will Be Fair: Even if it is clear that a truck driver is at fault for an accident, the truck company’s insurance company won’t necessarily treat you fairly. They are in the business of making money and may try to offer you a settlement that’s much less than you deserve. Their initial settlement offer may not be enough to cover all of your medical bills, lost wages and other damages. That is why you shouldn’t accept a settlement before discussing it with a truck accident lawyer in Baltimore, MD first. He or she has experience negotiating with insurance companies and will not let them take advantage of you.
- Truck Accident Lawyers Are Too Expensive: Some people unfortunately shy away from hiring truck accident lawyers because they believe they’re too costly. However, the majority of these lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning they take a percentage of your winnings. That means you don’t have to worry about owing your truck accident lawyer in Baltimore, MD any money upfront. If you don’t win your case, you also won’t owe your lawyer money.
Our truck accident lawyer Baltimore victims can depend on are here to provide the legal guidance you need when it matters most. Suffering from an accident of this magnitude can be incredibly serious. You will be grappling with the most appropriate way to move forward, specifically whether it’s in your best interest to pursue an insurance claim or a lawsuit. At Greenberg Law Offices, our team is prepared to support you with essential guidance when managing your case. We believe that when facing such an unexpected and tragic event that you deserve the very best, which is why you should seek legal services from our dedicated and experienced lawyers.