Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Baltimore, MD
When you are a passenger on a motorcycle and you get into an accident, you need the help of a trusted motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD victims trust at Greenberg Law Offices. Being a passenger in an accident like this can be confusing, especially when it comes to receiving compensation for any injuries you sustained as a direct result of the accident. However, our motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD knows has worked on many cases involving motorcycle accidents and can help you. Below, you will find out more information on what we can do to help you if the motorcycle was the only vehicle involved in the accident or if it was a two-vehicle accident. If you are interested in seeing how a motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, Maryland victims depend on can help you, contact us now.
Being a Passenger in a Two-Vehicle Motorcycle Accident
When the motorcycle you are riding on gets into an accident with another car or truck, there are typically two ways you can claim compensation. If both the motorcycle driver and the other vehicle appear to be at fault for the accident, you would likely attempt to claim compensation through both the motorcyclist and the other driver’s insurance. However, if it is clear who was at fault for the accident, you would only file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance. Our motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD can count on shares that it is important that you know in this scenario that the other car does not actually have to hit the motorcycle for it to be a two-vehicle accident. If the car or truck dangerously cuts off the motorcycle and causes the driver to swerve and hit something else, it is still the other driver’s fault. Speak with your motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD respects if this is the case.
Being a Passenger in an Accident That Only Involves the Motorcycle
When you are in this scenario, you will make your insurance claim against the person who was operating the motorcycle at the time of the accident. Your motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD riders trust knows that a motorcycle accident like this is similar to other personal injury claims. You will want to prove that:
- The operator of the motorcycle was negligent.
- The operator of the motorcycle’s negligence directly caused your injuries.
There is another scenario where you wouldn’t necessarily file a claim against the driver’s insurance, however. If there was a defective item on the motorcycle that caused it to malfunction and crash, you may shift the blame to the manufacturer of the motorcycle (or that part specifically) and file a claim with them. Your motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, Maryland victims seek assistance from can help you determine who to file a claim with.
Being in a motorcycle accident can leave you with severe and life-threatening injuries. If you were injured in this type of accident and would like to file a claim, please contact our motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD depends on from Greenberg Law Offices now.
Head and Brain Injuries are Common in Motorcycle Accidents
You, your bike, and the open road—what could be better? Without an enclosed steel cage around you, traveling at 60 mph can be thrilling! Unfortunately, when accidents happen, it can also lead to substantial injuries to a rider’s body, and sometimes no amount of protective gear will prevent them. A passenger vehicle weighs about two tons. Our motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD trusts will tell you that when one of these collides with a motorcycle, it will likely be worse for the bike and its rider. The rider will probably be subjected to two different impacts—the one from the two vehicles colliding and the one where the rider hits the ground.
Indeed, motorcycle accidents can be more devastating to the body than car accidents. Considering the amount of damage that can occur when motorcycle riders sustain accident-related injuries, riders may need an experienced and accomplished motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD recommends. Greenberg Law Offices offer legal professionals who are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve for your damages.
Motorcycle accident injuries to the head and brain
Motorcycle accident injuries are sometimes dire and potentially life-threatening. Your motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD victims rely on can work to obtain you the maximum settlement for such injuries. One of the most common and most concerning kinds of damage are head and brain injuries. A brain injury is more often referred to as a traumatic brain injury (TBI). It happens when the normal functions of the brain are disrupted by bumping, jolting, or sustaining a blow to the head.
Brain injuries can range in severity from mild TBIs (concussions) to severe TBIs, which could even render an accident victim unconscious or in a vegetative state permanently. Our motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD victims seek assistance from will tell you that motorcyclists who don’t wear helmets face a substantial risk for brain injuries when an accident occurs. Indeed, it’s not uncommon for the impact of a collision, especially one that occurs at high speeds, to throw bikers from their motorcycles, causing them to hit their heads on the ground.
Even if riders wear helmets, head injuries play a significant role in motorcycle accident injuries. Head injuries are a leading cause of fatalities in motorcycle crashes. Your motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD knows share that most of the time, the casualties were due to the rider failing to wear a helmet. Concussions, brain damage, and traumatic brain injuries are not to be taken lightly.
Such injuries can happen despite wearing a helmet. When the head impacts the inside of the helmet, the head still gets rattles around. That can lead to bleeding and swelling in the brain. Additionally, head injuries can lead to paralysis or loss of healthy brain function.
Signs and symptoms of TBIs
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle collision accident and hit your head, our motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore. MD victims turn to share that it’s important to be alert for signs of traumatic brain injury. Symptoms can include:
- Balance problems
- Blurred vision
- Hearing loss
- Difficulty swallowing
- Concentration, focus, or memory issues
These symptoms may not show up immediately. Sometimes it takes hours or even days for them to manifest. Depending on the severity of the injury, seizure disorders, memory loss, depression, difficulty processing languages, and other long term effects can become apparent.
Head and brain injuries may take many months to recover fully. During that time, you’ll need compensation to pay for medical expenses and lost wages. The motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD respects at Greenberg Law Offices can step in and work to get you the money you deserve while you focus on your recovery.
When you are in a motorcycle accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you should speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, MD recommends. Unfortunately, motorcycles are inherently dangerous because of the way they are built. Unlike other vehicles on the road, motorcycles do not have a natural way of protecting you such as a roof or walls. Thus, when you get into an accident with a bigger vehicle like a car or a truck, you are at a much higher chance than they are for sustaining serious injuries. A Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyer from Greenberg Law Offices wants you to know that you have an attorney on your side who you can trust. Please contact our office if you have been in an accident.
What are the most common causes of motorcycle accidents?
There are certain situations that are much more likely to happen when you are riding a motorcycle. A motorcycle accident lawyer Baltimore, Maryland residents trust discusses these scenarios below.
- Speeding. Speeding can apply to either the motorcycle rider or other vehicle drivers on the road. Speeding happens to be one of the top causes of any kind of accident on the road, and when it comes to motorcyclists, it can be even easier to speed since you can zip in and out of lanes easier.
- Head-On Collisions. Head-on collisions are common and also the most dangerous thing that can happen to a motorcyclist. Even if the rider is wearing the proper safety gear–a helmet, leather jacket, pants, boots, and gloves, a head-on collision could cause permanent damage or more likely death.
- Car Doors. They may seem innocent enough, but car doors cause many accidents for motorcyclists and bicyclists. When someone opens their car door right in front of a motorcyclist, even a motorcyclist who isn’t speeding could total their bike or go flying from their motorcycle causing broken bones or brain damage.
- Dangerous Conditions. Rain, ice, snow, damaged roads: these are all things that a motorcyclist should look out for when they are driving. Any one of these could cause the motorcycle to swerve or slide and injure the driver.
- Suddenly Stopping. When the person in front of you suddenly stops or a light turns red and you stop your motorcycle abruptly, you may be happy that you aren’t getting a ticket for going through a red light. However, the person behind you may not be paying attention to you, the road, or the traffic signals, making this one of the most common reasons a motorcycle collision may occur. Drivers on the road are supposed to leave a four-second distance between themselves and a motorcycle.
Get Help from a Baltimore, MD Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Now!
When you were injured in a motorcycle accident and need help getting compensation, call a motorcycle accident lawyer in Baltimore from Greenberg Law Offices.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists don’t have the protection of a car, so they are especially at risk of severe injuries during accidents. Here are some of the most common injuries motorcyclists can endure:
- Road Rash: During an accident, motorcyclists often slide across the pavement after getting thrown off their motorcycles. The concrete can scrape away layers of the skin and cause severe pain. If the injury isn’t treated promptly, it can cause an infection. If the road rash is severe, skin grafts may be necessary to repair the skin. Motorcyclists can reduce the risk of road rash by wearing protective leather clothing.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries are the most serious injuries motorcyclists can endure during accidents. These injuries can occur if their head hits the pavement. Traumatic brain injuries can have lasting effects on a person’s life and prevent them from working in the future. They may have trouble walking, speaking and even eating. These injuries often require long-term rehabilitation, which results in very expensive medical bills. Motorcyclists can reduce their risk of brain injuries by always wearing a helmet.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A motorcycle accident lawyer in Baltimore, MD often represents motorcycle accident victims who have suffered spinal cord injuries. If the head hits the pavement during an accident, motorcyclists can injure their spine, which can result in temporary or permanent paralysis. Those who suffer spinal cord injuries may need assistance to complete everyday tasks and never be able to work again.
- Burns: If an accident causes a fire or explosion, motorcyclists are in danger of suffering burns. While some burns can be fairly minor, others can cause disfigurement. They can require multiple surgeries and long-term rehabilitation.
- Internal Injuries: As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Baltimore, MD can attest, motorcyclists are also in danger of suffering damage to the spleen and other internal injuries. These injuries can result in internal bleeding and infection, which can be fatal.
What a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Do
If you were injured in a motorcycle crash, it is in your best interest to consult a motorcycle accident lawyer in Baltimore, MD. Motorcycle accident lawsuits are complex and you don’t want to lose out on your opportunity for compensation. A motorcycle can help you by sending investigators to the scene of the accident, gathering evidence, speaking with insurance companies and handling all the paperwork.
While your lawyer handles all the legwork, you can take this time to recover from your injury and take it easy. If you have a confident lawyer on your side, you will feel less stressed about the entire situation. Additionally, the majority of motorcycle accident lawyers work on a contingency basis, so you won’t owe any money upfront.