Police Brutality Lawsuits
When you need a police brutality lawyer Towson MD citizens trust, contact the Greenberg Law Offices. Our attorneys have experience with police misconduct cases and can speak to you about your case. We offer a free initial consultation so you have nothing to lose.
A police brutality lawyer in Towson MD from our law firm may review your case and determine if you have grounds for a lawsuit. If a police officer injured you, you have a right to speak to a lawyer about possible litigation.
When Excessive Use of Force Occurs
We have a reasonable expectation that members of law enforcement agencies will protect us. However, on rare occasions, certain police officers may use too much force or act inappropriately in other ways. A police brutality lawyer Towson MD law enforcement agencies respect may help to right a wrong. If you or someone in your family was injured or killed by a police officer, call the Greenberg Law Offices without delay. Our attorneys would like to hear from you if any of the following occurred:
- A police officer falsely arrested you.
- A police officer used excessive force on you.
- A police officer brutalized you in any way.
- A police officer unjustifiably shot you.
- A police officer acted negligently toward you in any way.
Litigation Against the Police
Victims of police brutality may file a lawsuit against a law enforcement agency. A Towson MD police brutality lawyer, such as one from the Greenberg Law Offices, may provide counsel and representation throughout the case. If the lawsuit is successful, the victim may be eligible to receive compensation for any of the following if applicable:
- Medical costs for injuries sustained from police brutality
- Psychological counseling
- Post-injury physical rehabilitation
- Reimbursement for lost wages
Common Scenarios of Police Brutality
Unfortunately, police brutality can occur under many scenarios, but here are some of the most common:
- Excessive use of force. If a citizen is injured or killed because a police officer used more than a reasonable amount of force, they (or a surviving family member) may be entitled to compensation.
- Lethal use of a taser. Taser stun guns can kill people. Amnesty International reports that since 2001, at least 500 persons in America died from taser shocks sent by police officers or jail personnel.
- Law enforcement shooting. When a police officer shoots and kills an innocent person or for an unjustified reason, a police brutality lawyer Towson MD citizens recommend can file a lawsuit.
- Wrongful imprisonment or false arrest. Police officers must be able to legally justify arresting or detaining someone. When a person is unjustifiably jailed, under certain circumstances a police brutality lawyer Towson MD victims turn to for legal help can fight for their rights.
Greenberg Law Offices: Trusted Police Brutality Lawyers
In recent years, our society has been plagued with cases involving police brutality. Police brutality has been a common feature and topic of conversation on both the news and in social media. There have been a number of people across the country claiming that their rights were violated due to police brutality. Our legal team is practiced and all too familiar with representing people who have experienced this type of violation. We are dedicated and passionate in making sure that justice has been served.
Our attorneys at the Greenberg Law Offices understand the seriousness of police brutality against citizens. Not only can these attacks cause physical harm, but they can also cause psychological harm against victims as well. In addition, incidents of police brutality damage the public’s trust in agencies that are designed and funded to protect citizens. If you would like to speak with a police brutality lawyer Towson MD offers, call us today.
Stopping police brutality requires that you let your voice be heard. Although ignoring it may seem like the easy way out, by doing so you perpetuate the problem. By not reporting police misconduct, numerous others are at risk of experiencing the same thing. A police brutality lawyer Towson MD will be at your side and can walk you through this process. There are a few steps that can be taken for reporting police brutality or misconduct. They will also be helpful in the event that you decide to take legal action:
- Write down your account of what happened as soon as possible. This will be vital in the event that we need to reference details of what occurred. Details can get foggy the longer you wait to do this. You will want to be as accurate as possible.
- Call the Greenberg Law Offices. Our attorneys can help protect your rights and advise you through the process, especially if you were charged as a result of the altercation with law enforcement.
- Depending on the police department, there are a number of ways that you may be asked to file a formal complaint. Most of the time, you will be required to fill out a form provided by the department.
- Track down any proof of the occurrence. This could include video, audio, or eyewitness accounts. This could be vital in the event that it is in your best interest to file a lawsuit.
Why Call a Police Brutality Lawyer Towson MD?
Reported incidents of police abusing their power have become all too common. Taking legal action will almost always require an attorney who is experienced in these matters. Our country is designed to rely on the police when we have been threatened or attacked. What happens when the abuse comes from those whom we are supposed to call upon? This can be tricky to manage and will likely leave you feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed as to where you should turn.
You are in good hands with the professionals at the Greenberg Law Offices. We can set the tone for your case and help navigate you through legal proceedings that can be complex. By taking action, you will help pave the way for others to come forward to do the same.
Experiencing police brutality can be a traumatizing experience, one that can take years to recover from. The impacts will not only have an effect on you but your family as well. Don’t hesitate in taking legal action as soon as possible; contact a police brutality lawyer Towson MD. The legal team at Greenberg Law Offices would be happy to meet with you and review your case. Together, we can formulate a legal strategy to move your case forward.
“Amazing people that made my whole process stress free. Very reliable and educated! They went out of their way to make everything easier for me. Would highly recommend this firm!!!”