Catastrophic Work Injuries: The Importance of Hiring a Workers Compensation Lawyer
A skilled workers’ compensation lawyer Baltimore MD locals recommend can make all the difference when it comes to recovering your damages from a catastrophic workplace injury. Sadly, many people are seriously injured while on the job every year in the United States. In the most extreme cases, workers can sustain a fatal injury either at the time of the accident or sometime later when they succumb to their injury.
As a result of these catastrophic injuries, millions of dollars are spent in healthcare costs and medical treatments. Who pays for them? In the cases of workplace accidents, workers compensation insurance can cover a certain percentage, but it’s not likely to cover all of a victim’s costs. And those costs can be extraordinary, forcing the victim to pay out of their ownpocket if their personal health insurance does not cover their damages. However, all is not lost. A workers’ compensation lawyer Baltimore MD residents turn to from Greenberg Law Offices may be able to help you get the justice you deserve.
How a Baltimore Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Help You
When an employee sustains an extreme injury while on the job, workers compensation is intended to cover their medical treatment costs. It is also supposed to cover a portion of their wages for however long they are not able to return to work. In most cases, the workers compensation system works as it should. However, it is designed to help the majority of workers who in most cases do not suffer a catastrophic injury. If you were seriously injured at work, or your loved one was killed in a workplace accident, the amount of compensation offered to you was likely well below what it should have been. A workers’ compensation lawyer Baltimore MD employees rely on from our firm can help you with any or all of the following:
- Negotiate with the insurance company to get a higher settlement than they previously offered you.
- Submit your workers compensation claim with the required documentation to maximize the likelihood that your claim will be accepted the first time.
- Resubmit a workers compensation claim if the original claim you submitted yourself was denied.
- File a lawsuit against your employer in lieu of a workers compensation claim if the offered workers compensation benefits are inadequate.
- Identify and include past, current, and future damages related to your workplace injury. A workers’ compensation lawyer in Baltimore MD from our firm will have a depth of knowledge about potential costs you may encounter down the line. Examples include additional surgeries, home healthcare, and physical rehabilitation.
Did you sustain a catastrophic injury while at work?
Don’t hesitate to reach out to a workers’ compensation lawyer Baltimore MD victims trust
from Greenberg Law Offices to find out how we may be able to help you. If you were catastrophically injured, you deserve to have your injury costs paid for by your employer. Do not agree to any offer made by the insurance company or your employer until you talk to us first. We will not even charge you for your first meeting with one of our attorneys. This will provide you with the opportunity to discover more about your legal options. Call Greenberg Law Offices today at 410-539-5250 to request your free consultation with an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer Baltimore MD offers.