If you were injured in a truck accident, you should consult a truck collision lawyer Baltimore, MD residents trust. A truck accident can result in devastating injuries and other damages, and you deserve to be compensated for that. A lawyer can help you file a timely lawsuit against the truck driver and protect your legal rights.
How Truck Accidents Differ from Car Accidents
Not all vehicles accidents are created equal. Truck accidents are much different than accidents involving passenger vehicles. Here are some of the biggest differences between the two.
- More Severe Injuries: One of the biggest differences between truck accidents and car accidents is the injuries they cause. Commercial trucks are a lot bigger and heavier than passenger vehicles, so they are more likely to cause life-threatening injuries in the event of an accident, such as traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries.
- Larger Insurance Policies: Truck drivers are required to carry larger insurance policies than other motorists because they can inflict severe damage during an accident. Because these policies are often worth millions of dollars, insurance companies will try to do anything to avoid liability. That’s why it is crucial to have an experienced truck collision lawyer in Baltimore, MD on your side. He or she knows how to negotiate with insurance companies and will not let them take advantage of you.
- More Regulations: Truck drivers do not just have to obey the rules of the road. They are also required to follow several federal trucking regulations, including logging in hours and maintaining their trucks. If they fail to do this, it may help you get a higher settlement. However, proving these violations is not easy and requires the assistance of a lawyer.
- Multiple Negligent Parties: During an accident involving two passenger vehicles, it is likely that just one person is at fault. However, multiple parties can contribute to a truck accident, including the truck driver, truck company, truck manufacturer and truck mechanics. These parties will have separate insurance policies, which may help you obtain fair compensation for your injuries.
- Higher Medical Bills: Injuries from a truck accident are usually more severe than a passenger vehicle crash, so your medical bills will naturally be higher. You may have longer stays at the hospital and have to go to rehabilitation for months, which can dramatically impact your finances. That is another reason why it is necessary to hire a truck accident lawyer Baltimore, MD residents count on. He or she will know the true value of your injuries and fight to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
If you suffered injuries in a truck accident, you should schedule a consultation with a truck collision lawyer in Baltimore, MD. He or she can assess your case and advise you the best way to proceed.