If your child suffered a birth injury, you may want to consult with a birth injury lawyer Baltimore MD residents trust. At Greenberg Law Offices, we understand how devastating it is to discover your child has a birth injury. We have been helping individuals just like yourself get justice for over 50 years.
Common Causes of Birth Injuries
As a birth injury lawyer in Baltimore MD can attest, babies are born with birth injuries every day. Many of these birth injuries are caused by medical negligence. Medical professionals have a responsibility to closely monitor the mother and baby during delivery and act fast if complications arise. If they fail to do this, babies are more likely to suffer harm. Let’s take a closer look at a few common causes of birth injuries:
- Medication Errors: If a woman is given the incorrect dosage of a medication during pregnancy or the doctor administers a medication that’s dangerous for the baby, birth injuries are more likely to happen.
- Improper Manipulation of Baby’s Body: Medical professionals must be very careful when handling a baby’s body during delivery. Improper manipulation of a baby’s body can result in serious injuries, like broken bones and bruising, as a birth injury lawyer Baltimore MD clients respect can confirm.
- Monitoring Issues: It is important for doctors to closely monitor women throughout their pregnancies. For example, doctor should regularly check the baby’s growth and weight. As a birth injury lawyer Baltimore MD residents rely on can agree, if a pregnant woman is not monitored properly, potential problems won’t be detected until it is too late.
- Failure to Order a Timely C-Section: Sometimes C-section deliveries are necessary and it is important for medical professionals to recognize when one is needed. For example, if a baby is an abnormal position, a C-section may be the safest way to deliver him or her.
Common Types of Birth Injuries
There are several types of birth injuries babies can suffer because of medical negligence. Some are possible to recover from while others are life-threatening. Here are some common types of birth injuries:
- Perinatal Asphyxia: This condition occurs when a newborn doesn’t receive enough oxygen and can lead to seizures, labored breathing or coma. It’s possible for this condition to clear up. However, it sometimes causes permanent brain damage.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A Baltimore birth injury lawyer has helped parents whose babies suffered spinal cord injuries during delivery. Unfortunately, these injuries can lead to brain damage and paralysis.
- Cerebral Palsy: Children with cerebral palsy may experience weak muscles, muscles spasms and poorly developed motor skills.
Facial Paralysis: The facial nerves gets temporarily or permanently damaged with facial paralysis, as a birth injury lawyer Baltimore MD clients depend on can confirm. In most cases, this birth injury resolves itself over time.
Do not wait to hire legal representation for your birth injury case. If you are searching for a birth injury lawyer Baltimore MD offers, you may want to contact Greenberg Law Offices at 410-539-5250.