If you are in need of a DWI lawyer Baltimore MD has several to choose from, but one of the easiest choices you could make is to choose Greenberg Law Offices. Our passionate team of attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience in four areas of law:
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Workers’ Compensation
- Medical Malpractice
Within our criminal defense practice area, our legal team has extensive experience handling DWI cases. If you have recently been charged with a DWI, call Greenberg Law Offices to speak with a DWI lawyer in Baltimore MD who can review your case at no charge.
What Is the Difference Between a DUI and a DWI?
You may have a hard time understanding the difference from a DUI vs a DWI if this is your first charge.
DUI is considered driving under the influence when your blood alcohol level is .08% or higher.
DWI is driving while impaired, and the blood alcohol is between .04% and .08%.
Am I Going to Jail for My DWI?
You may increase the likelihood of a positive outcome if you hire a DWI lawyer Baltimore MD offers. A DWI lawyer Baltimore MD citizens trust, such as the attorneys as Greenberg Law Offices, can help you through this process and protect your rights.
If you are convicted on a DWI charge, a Baltimore DWI lawyer may advise you of the following:
- Your driver’s license could be revoked for six months.
- You may be sentenced for up to two months of jail time.
- You might have to complete an alcohol treatment program in order to have your license restored.
- You may also have to have an ignition interlock device installed in your car. An ignition interlock device is similar to a breathalyzer, and you have to blow into the mouthpiece in order to start your vehicle. If your blood alcohol is above the legal limit, then your car will not start.
A DWI lawyer Baltimore MD provides, such as our team of attorneys at Greenberg Law Offices, can help you from the day you are pulled over to the day your license is reinstated. The fines can be expensive for a DWI.
- If this is your first offense, the fines can range from $500 to $2,000.
- If this is your second offense, your license may be revoked for one year, and may face up to one year of prison time.
- If it is your third offense, the penalties are considerably greater. Also, if you were transporting a minor at the time of any conviction, or were the cause of an accident where someone died, you could be facing enormous fines and countless years in jail.
Choose Greenberg Law Offices
If you have been charged with a DWI, you want to reach out to a trusted attorney who can help you throughout the legal process. Your Greenberg Law attorney may be able to reduce the severity of the charge of have it dismissed altogether. Call the Greenberg Law Offices, a DWI lawyer Baltimore MD provides to find out more about how we can help protect your rights.